Saturday, April 14, 2012

What's on your Bed?


Bonnie Hunter is hosting a What's on your bed? linky party
 It's been going on for a few days and I'm glad I haven't  missed  the deadline.  Our bed is king sized and I haven't made a quilt for it yet    so I'm featuring my daughter's bed.  She usually has a few quilts layered on it depending on the temperature.   I made this quilt for her using Amy Butler fabrics that she picked out and a large, very random, disappearing nine patch pattern.  She wanted it to look modern, not like traditional patchwork.




The rail fence quilt is usually the next on top.  She picked these fabrics and pieced the top with my help.  Yes, I'm trying to get her into quilting.


The next layer used to be on the back of the sofa but somehow ended up in her room. That's okay, because we have other quilts for the sofa.


 and finally her t shirt quilt.  I actually labelled this one. 2008  My first t shirt quilt and one of the first quilts I quilted with my smaller quilting machine.  These are shirts from elementary school years, a beautiful batik and a cosy flannel back.


 I'm joining in at #82 so there are lots of great beds to look at.  Be sure to take a look.



Last but not at all Least.

 I've been been nominated for a Liebster Award!! 
I'm so surprised and thrilled. Thank you so very much  Judy from Shade Tree Quilting for choosing me. More about this award with another post.

About MQX.  I only spent a few hours there this year but it was good. 
 Diane, a good friend of mine, won a blue ribbon! So exciting!  
I was there on Thursday so I looked for Bonnie Hunter, but I didn't see her.  Disappointing.

Enough for now, I'd like to do some piecing.

Susan

3 comments:

carol fun said...

Lovely quilts! I really like the Amy Butler/disappearing 9 patch one. Very modern looking and I love that color palette!

Dora, the Quilter said...

That disappearing 9-patch is very restful looking. Surely it makes for some sweet dreams!

Mrs. DillyDally said...

The quilts are beautiful...and congratulations on your nomination! Wow!