Monday, June 18, 2012

Red White Blue and Christmas



A few weeks ago I showed my design wall with a mixed up bunch of red, white, and blue blocks.  This is what I came up with.




I'll donate this to Quilts of Valor next week. 
 The backing idea came from /http://www.maryquilts.com/off-center-4-patch-backing/.  The backing and border fabric was given to me, but the patches and squares for the top were leftovers just waiting to be used. And of course I quilted my favorite swirls. 
 Add a label, finish binding,  a pillow case, wash/dry, then it'll be ready to go!

It was Christmas in June for customers!  

Marilyn's Flurry 

Quilt Basket Twister

Quilting these curls was so much fun!


Not really Christmas but it could be.
Another Log Cabin for Jean

There's more to share because I haven't taken the time to post lately but this is enough for today.  One of the reasons I haven't been blogging is that I'm mad at Blogger/Google.  I'm not getting all the blogs I subscribe to through Blogger and Google Friend Connect in Google Reader anymore.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I've spent so much time trying to figure it out and I have no clue.  Can you help me?


 I'm linking with Patchwork Times today.  Thanks for stopping by! Look forward to seeing what everyone else has been quilting.  

Susan




8 comments:

Vicki H. said...

I think I could quilt swirls on everything forever and be happy. I love that twister Christmas tree, hmmm, I see another quilt in my future!!! Great job on everything pictured.

JoAnne said...

The patriotic quilt is awesome! It is so cool that you are donating it. I would help you with blogger if I could, but I don't know much about it. I understand your frustration and how it take the joy out of things, though. I hope someone has an answer.

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Gosh...I was sew happy to see a post from you today! Sorry I can't help with the google thing...they can be frustrating. But I am thrilled that you plan to continue blogging. Love you work and hearing about life in your corner of the planet! Hugs!

Sue Daurio said...

I love swirls and yours look wonderful!! What great quilting. That twister tree is just too darn cute.

Gari in AL said...

Love your swirls: is it freemotion or a panto? I use Bloglovin.com as my reader and love it.

Miss Carol said...

I love the swirls too! As Gari asked, freehand or panto? I love the red, white & blue quilt. Just beautiful.

Linda in Calif. said...

Hi. The red, white and blue really is pretty - nicely laid out. It's been a while since you post - I hope you are doing okay and are just too busy to post.

MulticoloredPieces said...

I really like the back of your red,white&blue quilt. Such a simple idea yet so interesting. The Christmas quilts are beautiful, too, but I find it hard to get in the spirit when it's 100 degrees!
best from Tunisia,
nadia