Monday, January 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Maybe I should title this post.... Not Orca Bay.

This week I had a motivation issue with my Orca Bay Mystery quilt.  Putting it together is just not as fun as sewing all the little pieces for each clue.  It is going together fine... well, fine if you don't look at the missing points.  I am not too worried about that really, I think I just needed a break from it.  So I took it down from the design wall but didn't put it away altogether.  I know better than to put it away because that is how UFO's happen.  I do not want this on next years UFO challenge list!

Anyway,  I have been sewing a few other things.




 The next row on the flannel Triangle Trips top.  It is flannel so I would like to have this done this winter.




And more of the Civil War blocks.  I think there are a few more from last summer that I missed but still want to make.   I will finish this one when it's UFO number is called.  I hope.


In between, I continue with scrap leaders/enders as I need them.  Here is the first finished block.  These will go together for a charity quilt at some point in time.




My son Adam went back to college yesterday and now it seems the holidays are really over. That means back to the routine.  Except my quilting machine is away at the "spa" for it's vacation.  I am looking forward to getting back to work when it returns and is all refreshed.   Meanwhile I plan to keep piecing and maybe a little housework, too.

Linking up with  Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday.  I would like to say that I am going to sew now but I will be visiting the other blogs to see what everyone else has been sewing.

  Thanks for visiting!

Susan





4 comments:

Linda said...

Sewing Orca together is a lot of work and it does get a bit time consuming, but the end result is awesome. Hang in there!

Sue Daurio said...

Oh ya, putting Orca Bay together requires the right "mood". If you're not in, might as well wait or you're gonna be ripping stuff out. But hey, look at those civil war blocks. Goodness they are beautiful!!!

Cathy Tomm said...

I could say Not Orca Bay too. No motivation here. It is good to work on something else for a week or two. The civil war blocks are coming along nicely.

Ellen said...

No Orca Bay for me either! I hope to get back at it next week some time. You do have a great looking design wall!