Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Today I am linking with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced for the first time!  I love to visit Lee's blog on Wednesdays to see some interesting Work in Progress.

 I continued to fool around with the Orca Bay mystery quilt.  Happily my motivation for this quilt came back over the weekend.  But I ended up ripping out some of the progress. I have been thinking of a name for it besides Orca Bay. 
 "I must be crazy" Bay   "What was I thinking" Bay   "Crazy but it was so much fun" Bay.  
 Just kidding, of course.

 So then I went back to the Civil War blocks.  Three more finished.  






I put them on the wall to see what I think. Well.  I don't really know.  I can say this is not my favorite project But I am glad that I didn't just quit all together.  These are on the wall in reverse week order, not the way I will put them together. That is for another time.  It really helps to see these in pictures on the computer.   A good way to proof read I guess.  Only wish I had been looking at pictures over the past year.




Thanks for letting me show and tell.  Hope you will come back again. 
 Hope I will have something more to show next time.

Susan





5 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Look at those blocks! Love the bird in the middle, and the way the fabric makes the circle in the second one! Now that is paying attention to details, Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Photos really do tell the *whole* story. It always amazes me....
Nice job and with sticking to it!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love it Susan! Maybe a sashing would help you like it more...a dark brown or deep red??
Makes me want to get out my fabrics and get some more blocks done!

Debby, crowefan0517 said...

Hi Susan,

Ok, let's see if I get your reply now.

-debby

Debby, crowefan0517 said...

Yes, it worked :) Thanks for mentioning this. I wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't told me.

-debby